Wednesday, November 15, 2006

Marathon Memories

Here's a picture of me (top left in cool shades) and a bunch of the nut cases... er, amazing people I worked with at the marathon in the heart of NY's Central Park. The clear bags behind us (picture top right) were full of the belongings of marathoners who would arrive exhausted and confused, needing assistance reuniting with their belongings. It was fun, rewarding and maddening at the same time. I'd like to do it again next year.

This picture shows only a small portion of the tireless individuals who worked hard to make the marathon a success. These orange-clad people were part of the New York Road Runners Foundation and Team For Kids groups who work provide opportunities for kids in poorer public schools in NYC. I had a great time working with them, and I'll have to say goodbye this week. It has been a short time, but I'll miss them.

Thanks for the jacket!

Labels:

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thats pretty much like working at the Super Bowl for runners, but i am sure you already know that.

11/15/2006 4:23 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home