C'mon, Do You Really Think Bush Is Responsible For This?
North Korea has entered the nuclear family and Democrats are crying foul over the Bush Administration's handling (or mishandling) of Kim Il Communication. But is this a fair claim?
A couple of years ago my right-wing reactionary friend E.S. and I argued about what Bush should do about North Korea. At this time the war in Iraq was relatively new and my friend said we should continue to do exactly what Bush has started - nothing. I thought it was daft, considering that North Korea was clearly trying to bring attention to itself for both it's problems of energy and it's desire to be a more substantial player on the world stage. E.S. said we should just ignore the nation as though it were a spoiled child. I countered that if a nation has nukes it would be a little more difficult to handle than a crying toddler who dropped his lollipop. The issue of our national security was not even worth the debate when I told E.S. that it isn't just North Korea having the weapons, but the fact that they could sell them to any America-hating nation that wants them for the right price. My friend shrugged.
24 hrs ago the news that North Korea has performed a successful underground test seems to fall in line with the logic I saw. Should we still be ignoring North Korea? Should we continue to say that burying our heads in the sand that will soon be turned to glass? Can Bush really be considered responsible for this?
Yes.
Certainly Bush did not give North Korea the technology (his Defense Secretary did - YES READ THIS), but Bush did nothing while the situation became more and more out of control. Much in the same way that Speaker Hastert can be responsible for doing nothing to stop Mark Foley means that Hastert was part of the problem. BUSH IS PART OF THE PROBLEM and his incompetance has made this continued downward spiral of American safety into one of the greatest ironies of American History. Hopefully there will still be someone around to write said history when the hurly burly's done.

It wasn't enough for Bush to bring back the politicians of the Eighties, now he has to bring back the fears of "The Day After." I went through that as a kid. I don't want my niece and nephew to have to lose sleep over it as well. I guess this means we will be building up our arsenal again as well...


1 Comments:
These guys have actually threatened to nuke us several times over the last 3 or 4 years. You couldve made a case for war that was 50 x stronger than the one in Iraq. We cant do shit now because we are stuck in Iraq. Yes, Bush is directly responsible.
He's an idiot.
Post a Comment
<< Home