There Are Good People
The last paragraph of my Sunday entry expressed the frustruation I caused myself from losing over $900 worth of checks I was to deposit that night in an ATM machine. Losing the checks was frustrating enough, but I was certain someone had picked up the envelope of checks, and would attempt to cash them since I was foolish enough to sign them before I reached the bank. I live just outside of one of the world's largest cities, in an area with college drunks, homeless drifters and people who never say, "Hi," when you see them on the street, so I was certain that some dishonest person would try to find a way to benefit from my loss.
This morning I found the original envelope with all three checks enclosed in my mailbox with a note that read:
Dominic From
D&V BARBER SHOP
11th WASHINGTON St.
Found NEAR 7th & Wash.
Now I just have to decide on an appropriate thank you gift for a barber. I can't spend more than $40. Any suggestions? Someone I work with suggested a fruit basket. Another mentioned gift cert for a restaurant. I was thinking something more along the line of giving him one of my roommate's cats.


5 Comments:
Go and thank them personally. Dont cost nothing! will mean a lot....
nah, thank him personally but buy him something nice, like an expensive dessert-like a dingledines something or another-peanutbutter chocolate pie.
*giggles* I opt for roommates cat! A barber shop needs a mascot! *grin* I think a personal thank you very much and nice to see great people still exists is sufficient. Maybe get a hair cut there even ... I'd bet the person would get a kick outta' that. Glad you had an example of pay-it-forward though! *hugs* ~gracie
yeah, Gracie has a good point, get a haircut and give a very nice tip.
You need a haircut.
Let me teach how to spell a word:
P-O-M-P-A-D-O-U-R
A modest pomador, you've got such a mug, it would look good on you. It'll make you look tough, but inside you're sensitive. That's the perfect combo for gettin some.
One time Heather lost her wallet and someone went out of her way to return it. She gave them a $20 peanutbutter chocolate pie and they were very grateful.
One time I lost my wallet and two days later someone returned it and I said thanks and shut the door. Of course, it was 1 in the afternoon on a Saturday and I was already drunk.
Guess who got more karma.
give him a great big kiss!
Post a Comment
<< Home