You Can't Polish Flip-Flops
I don't know what my title means, but somehow I'm going to make it relevant.
I think I may be sick. Now that the Foley scandal is running nearly full throttle, what do the conservative fatheads have to say about it? What else, but to bring up Bill Clinton.
WTF?!
From clips I saw tonight on Countdown (Oct 3 edition), the right wing talkshow circuit is not only downplaying the significance of what Congressman Mark Foley did, but they are saying, "What about Bill Clinton?" Now, besides the fact that Monica Lewinsky was a 22 years old willing participant in the oval office frolicking, not 16 and under like Foley's VICTOMS (Matt Drudge had the nerve to say the young boys are responsible!!!), the Republicans impeached Clinton for what he did!!! Yet they STILL want to sweep this scandal under the rug.
Here's the thing. I don't know if there were Democrats who did similar horrible things in the past, but this is the issue at hand, and the Republicans are SUPPOSED TO BE the party of Family Values. Every moron who approaches this issue with, "take a look at the Democrats," will lose all credibility (if they ever had any).
At least I'm happy to say that Joe scarborough has the brains to say this is "Another reason to vote Democratic." If only for his comments I will resist condemning all Republicans for the foolishness of many. But I'm getting damn sick of this country being led by their lot.


3 Comments:
They seem to be morally confused, dont they?
Steve, did you say morally confused or corrupted? *grin*
Libertarian!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
And 'cuse me but I agree with Tim. Monica was willing and of age. Clinton got caught with his pants down unlike lots of the Presidents in the past. Foley being gay is not the issue to me; Foley seeking out CHILDREN (yes, even if they were 18 I'd be upset) - - THAT'S a reason to lock the SOB up.
Tim, for me, I'm just sick of people regardless of status NOT being held accountable for criminal behaviors that affect the innocent.
*gracie steps down off her soap box*
Where the hell is the Mother Ship & when are we going home? *giggles*
~gracie
Gracie, I would love to support 3rd parties this year. I love the fact that my online friends are supporters of the alternative to business as usual in government. My heart really belongs to the Greens, but I think it's just too important to get the Republicans out of power right now. The only option to remove them is the Democratic Party. I'm not saying that the party of the kicking ass is any less corruptable, but there is too much power in the hands of one party right now, and the President must be dealt with. I beg of everyone to vote for the big D this year.
Please hear me Jack Sadler.
Post a Comment
<< Home