Tuesday, November 14, 2006

The Justice League of Jerusalem

Toys for Tots, a branch of the Marine Reserves for draft dodgers, rejected 4000 of the above pictured bible-quoting talking dolls when offered to the charity by the manufacturer, one2believe, a division of the Valencia-based Beverly Hills Teddy Bear Co.

Michael La Roe, director of business development for both companies, said the charity's decision left him "surprised and disappointed."

"The idea was for them to be three-dimensional teaching tools for kids," La Roe said. "I believe as a churchgoing person, anyone can benefit from hearing the words of the Bible."

Much in the same way the Iraqis did not greet American troops with flowers, it's shocking how people never seem to know what's best for them when it's being shoved down their throats. Okay, really what's shocking is that there are adults who have a hard time understanding that not everyone is just like them, and maybe their way is not the best or the only way. Morons.

Labels:

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Jesus is the only way Tim. I thought that my endless preaching of the word while at Borders would have driven this fact home by now.

11/14/2006 6:06 PM  
Blogger Tim said...

I know, Summer. I'm sorry I failed you. I just hope you can forgive me for my sinful ways.

11/15/2006 1:06 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home