Monday, August 21, 2006

...and so it begins.

Today is the first day of the rest of my week.

My first Monday as a resident of Metro New York was... slow. I sent out a few resume responses to Careerbuilder.com ads, but found that through one response, my resume was a bit sloppy. The version I have on my computer and have saved through Careerbuilder is clean, but during the sending of one response, a "this is how your resume will look" page came up, showing my resume with a couple of red strike-outs across previously deleted lines. How these words were showing up in the text was baffling, but why they were struck with red lines was even more confusing. No matter how many times I tried to attach my resume after completely rewriting it, I could not change what showed on the "how your resume will look" page. Frustrating. Tomorrow I try Monster.com.

Another exciting part of my day was the cleaning of my sofa after my roommate's cat had a pee on the blanket covering it and between the cushions. Although the cushions covers and blanket are now laundered, the urine soaked fold-out bed below will likely retain that horrible smell.

Later in the morning one of the other resident cats took a swipe at my arm when I pointed at him. He got me pretty good with his untrimmed claws.

At least one piece of good news, the apartment door lock which previously took several minutes to open due to poor inner-movement (the key would only go in half-way at first, with a need to wiggle and retry and shove and pound and swear and sweat before it would open) responded well to a shot of WD40. That stuff is really magic, I tell ya (and there's a fan club at the link). I might spray it on the sofa to deter the cat if the Feliway doesn't help.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Having once had to seek work in similar circumstances, I can say persistence is the key.

8/22/2006 4:08 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Craigslist!

Seriously, what kind of work are you looking for?

8/22/2006 4:30 PM  
Blogger Tim said...

yeah, I tried Craigslist, but found very little. I applied for a few, but have heard nothing yet. I'll try, try again.

I've been looking through postings for retail management (my best background) and admin assistant (probably best hours and easiest to get to an eventual job that would pay more), but I'm also interested in training, although I don't have much of a background in it and most requests are for IT background.

8/23/2006 10:52 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home