Thursday, June 15, 2006

Early Bird Gets The Last Laugh

I loves me science!

Another nail in the coffin of Intelligent Design was pounded today with the announcement of a fossilized species of early bird.

"Most of the ancestors of birds from the age of dinosaurs are members of groups that died out and left no modern descendants. But [Gansus yumenensis] led to modern birds, so it's a link between primitive birds and those we see today."

Shown here (right) in an artist's depiction of what the creature may have looked like, we now have more proof that the reason for so much "missing evidence" which organizations such as the so-called Center for Science and Culture cite as proof of the problems of evolution, are in fact being found more often as time moves forward.

I get tired of hearing today's Neanderthals claim that evolution is "just a theory," and that Intelligent Design is the only reasonable reality. Ah, but science marches on, as creationism flushes itself down the toilet.

Again, it's not that I would want to take faith away from anyone who needs it, but forcing religion into science creates pseudoscience. It doesn't belong in the schools or any real scientific discussion any more than it belongs in politics or government.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well if the Lord wants a duck to talk, I think he can. And you proved it with the photo. Ha!

6/16/2006 6:38 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home