Another Reason To Love Science
Recently my father was diagnosed with bladder cancer. The last few weeks have been very difficult. I've tried to put out of my mind that which I cannot control, but the threat of losing my dad would not leave my mind. He had surgery earlier this week to remove the tumor, and returned today to see the doctor for an information update on his condition. The news was very good.
Although there will still be regular checkups with the doctor for the rest of his life, my father appears to be a cancer survivor. With a little luck, and the wonders of modern medicine, this scare is past us.
A co-worker of mine recently told me she was praying for my father, and she will certainly believe that it was the power of that prayer which saved my father. I will not try to take that faith away from her, but my feeling is that current medicine, science, and skilled physicians are responsible for preserving my dad's life. Either way, I am a very happy person today.


2 Comments:
I have a friend at work who has been living with stomach cancer for five years, not easy but doable. He definitely believes in the power of prayer.
I think it helps him with his outlook on things.
At any rate, I am super glad about your Father. I know my friend at work is still going strong and there are lots of cancer survivors out there. Way to go for your Dad!
Good news on Dad, Tim! I agree that the sciences contribute a large percentage towards healing. Also a believer in power of the mind - call it healing energy, prayer, positive thinking, whatever. But yeah for Dad! ~gracie
Post a Comment
<< Home