Carry On My Wayward State!
Not much time to write (more on my reasons later) but I just wanted to note what happened in Kansas regarding Intelligent Design.
"Conservative Republicans who approved classroom standards that called evolution into question lost control of the state Board of Education in Tuesday's primary election.
Read on and be hopeful.


3 Comments:
Interestingly enough is when I was old enough to understand both concepts I, not my parents, not my teachers, not anyone else but me came to my conclusion for that time. AND because I am a thinking individual I will choose what to believe. So not opening thinking children up to both ideas is really funny ... like most kids these days no about both any way! Stupid adults! ~gracie
I went to 7 years of Catholic school. Overall, I don't harbor any grudges about it. I think my English grammar is better having had my parochial education. At the same time, I was taught to believe some things during my school years that were absolute crap, based on religion and ignorance rather than fact or understanding. I look at my formative years, when I wanted to study dinosaurs my whole life, and think about how concepts of evolution were not taught to me, and I feel that my education was compromised.
The purpose of school is to create citizens, of course, but I think that it is important that we teach truth, or the closest thing to truth that we understand. Religious instruction, much as a particular political correctness, does not belong in education. As far as giving "alternatives," then I think we should also start teaching "alternative lifestyles."
Im just glad the weirdos lost. There thats my intellectual contribution.
Post a Comment
<< Home