...And This Is My Best Friend, Bear.
When I was a kid, every season there was a new movie or t.v. show that had either a truck driver with a dressed up companion chimpanzee, or some form of talking ape.
In USA Today I read this:
"A panel of scientists, concerned about the remote possibility of instilling human traits in animals, has recommended caution in efforts to implant embryonic stem cells in the brains of monkeys and apes."
Caution?! Aw! C'mon! Who doesn't want superintelligent monkeys running around? I mean, that's what started the whole Planet of the Apes catastrophe. Is there really anyone out there that thinks moral obligation and the very real dangers of Playing God should keep us from building a better monkey? At least let them move along the natural path of evolution that they are desperately trying to travel.
I think of it this way, if you're a man in a long term committed relationship or a marriage, and have the opportunity to get it on with a once in a lifetime hot girl, you have to at least consider it. We should at least consider putting human brain stem cells into apes. The controversy alone is worth it, but think of how cool it would be if we could replace all of the world's sports teams with chimps! There would REALLY be a market for that!
WORLD GIVE RISE TO THE PLANET OF THE APES!!


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home