It's a nostalgia thing, hanging on to CD's
I'm living in the past. For some reason I still believe that having a CD burner on my computer is a magnificent thing.
Remember all of those commercials for K-tel (sic.) records saying "if you put together a collection like this yourself, you'd have to buy ALL THIS," and they show you a pile of CD's 3 feet high and a football field wide? Well, I bought many of the CD's, and had a friend pirate a number of downloaded songs for me so I could make just a collection... but not JUST a collection. I'm talking about a 6-CD-for-each-year-from-1964-to-1985 collection! You know, something I can listen to in my car when I need to feel I'm back in the safety of the good-old-days of Dad driving instead of competing for a faster lane on the road with a bunch of assholes.
Well, it isn't going so well. I want to have the whole thing in a chronological order of entrance into the Billboard top 100, but everytime I finsh a year's worth of discs, I find there are about half a dozen songs (usually important ones) that I'd missed in the the running order. I've had to change 1975 3 times already only to find that I also forgot to put Elton John's "Island Girl" into the mix.
God Damn It!!!
Somebody put me out of my misery and buy me a freakin' I-Pod already!!!


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home