New Release Tuesday
Ah! I'm looking forward to this one!
As of this hour it is Tues., April 26th, and the long awaited re-re-release of Elvis Costello's King of America CD is at hand. Or if you prefer, King of America.
This is the re-re-release I've been waiting for since Rhino first took hold of the catalogue back in 2001 and put out the first 3 of these very nice 2-disc sets. It has been a long wait, that originally was scheduled to be over in a matter of a year and a half, but now my patience will have paid off.
I've been making due with the Ryko re-release of this 1986 album, which was an okay job overall, but was lacking in the cornicopia of bonus material which I will relish on a complete second disc of the Rhino gnarly edition.
Now, there is also a new album by Bruce Springsteen which I've heard some nice things about, but I'm going to reserve my judgement on that one until I've fully digested it. I wasn't all that thrilled with The Rising. I thought it sounded too much like an aging rocker who ran out of ideas and began relying on studio production to cover for otherwise boring material. I liked the sound of Springsteen's old albums. These new ones, ehhhh, not so much.
Well, the Costello should hold me for a few weeks, then I hope to get the Springsteen disc as a birthday gift from my sister in late May. You reading this, Sis?
Meanwhile, gentle readers, buy a CD instead of downloading you cheap cyber-trash loser and enjoy some liner notes for christ'sake!!


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home