Thursday, February 10, 2005

Picture if you will the de-evolution of man...

They guy who lives downstairs from me is a big sports nut. Specifically, he's fat, listens to games at high volume, and is a freak. One night I heard him yell, "who's your daddy?" several times and I don't think he had company.

I live in an apartment building which has eight dwellings. There are two apartments for each entrance. I live upstairs from this loon, and have to pass by his door on the way up to my floor. We share a common entrance, and he has a window just to the right of this door. I usually avoid looking in, but the flicker of blue tv light caught my attention one night last Summer and I saw he had two televisions right next to each other, both of them on. He also always has one of them blasting full volume 25 hours a day. That's not much of an exageration.

The other night when I was walking in after parking my car two blocks away because another neighbor shares his apartment with 20 roommates (another near-truth) and I noticed through his window that he not only had both tv's on, but each had picture-in-picture! Why would anyone want to watch that much mind-numbing crap at once? I don't know if he had all channels on sports or not, it didn't look like it, but the man comes home with a big bucket of KFC and spends days at a time in front of that box!

Sometimes it makes me sad that there aren't any natural predators of humans around that can thin out the herd a little by sneaking up on the morons that will watch anything on the tube.

On the other hand I have been known to watch Gilligan's Island marathons on TBS...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home