Movie Night
I finally decided to see "Sideways" tonight, what with all the hype and Oscar buzz. It was great, but I don't know if it's my movie of the year pick. I'm still partial to "Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind." Two entirely different movies, but somehow I'm very good at relating to them both. Considering these films are tops of a lot of lists makes me feel both comforted and queasy. We love the movies that speak to us and really seem to make sense to our own worlds.
When I was a kid I always thought that growing up meant being able to make sense of the world. Now that I'm an adult [sic.], I fear for the world. The same thing happened when I worked briefly at the US Post Office. I have a hard time understanding how mail gets anywhere now that I've seen the inside of that operation.
Anyway, go see "Sideways" and rent "Eternal Sunshine." If these movies speak to you, too, I feel your pain.


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home