The Left Shall Rise Again
Over the past few weeks I have lived only to watch CNN. It became my lifeforce, because I could catch all of the most recent information about the 2004 election at any moment. I was hooked on it like a drug, and depressed because there looked to be a pretty good chance that we would be stuck with the same lame-ass president for another four years. Stress levels were at an all time high.
Once the election came and Kerry lost (not to mention the losses in Congress), I felt like I had no direction. From my point of view, the future looked pretty bleak. It's not that I though flowers would bloom, birds would sing, and the world would become a fairytale just because Kerry would be president, but I've just been very afraid of what Bush and the conservatives could do with another four years. I still am afraid. But after 3 days to let it all sink in, I think my ability to hope and think about the rest of my life is beginning to return.
I was lucky enough to see my friend Jon at exhibit5a from NYC, and he reminded me to keep looking forward. Politics and government isn't everything even if it does affect our lives so directly. We have time to gather together and work on a new plan. The left shall rise again, but in the meantime we shall taste food and enjoy wine. There is music and film to experience and there are blogs to write.


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home