Wednesday, February 16, 2005

The cost of living well

How much longer before the price of HDTV's drop?! Two nights ago (that's right, on Valentine's Day - we're poor until Friday), I went with my Cutie-Cute on a trip to various stores to put items on our wish lists. We already have a rice cooker and a Forman Grill, so next we need a new mattress, a kitchen table, a sofa, and several lower-priced items for the bathroom and kitchen so the road to domesticity is well paved.

Two of the higher priced items we looked at were computers, because we both have out-dated pieces of gargage (sorry lil' laptop, you know you suck), and HDTV's. I keep expecting the price of these necessities for DVD viewing to drop dramatically, but the price change is a trickle down at best.

Of course while I looked at the prices of the 32" models that I could afford if I just saved my beer money for a few months, the big 50" sets were the ones that called out to me, "watch Star Wars on me!" I'd have to sell an arm, a leg, a kidney and a testicle if I wanted one of those.

Well, I want one of those. Anybody know where I can sell an arm, a leg, a kidney and a testicle?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home