Friday, June 24, 2005

Now I know It's Just a Comedy Program...

There was a brief segment before commercial on the Daily Show tonight about Dog Sled Racing. It was one of those quick knockoffs specifically designed to be "sponsored by..." some product. When it got to the payoff and the sponsor was revealed, it was none other than: COORS LIGHT!!!

Pete Coors ran for office in Colorado as a Republican. He did not hide his point of view.

He and his company, support many radical (always start with radical when you're finishing with...) right-wing causes.

I know it's just a comedy program, but I get my televised news from the Daily Show. It's just unsettling to me that they would take sponsorship from these jack-asses.

Do I stop watching Daily Show? Do I start buying Coors Light? Do I forget it all and download porn... I think I found a winner!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

OK, so I'm not the only one who was bothered by this ad? it reminded me of when the offspring's "pretty fly (for a white guy)" video threw in all these near-nekkid gyrating women "for parody's sake" but like, they're still near-nekkid gyratin' women in a music video...

7/08/2005 1:42 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home