Friday, February 16, 2007

Oh Shit!

I just saw a commercial for AARP that used a Buzzcocks song. A BUZZCOCKS SONG!!!

(Please click on the above link to see this ad)

Now I have nothing against the AARP, but I have a hard time equating the song in question with being of the retirement age. The song used is "Everybody's Happy Nowadays," and it's fantastic. I don't think my parents, who are now among the 65 set, are Buzzcocks fans.

If you don't have the SINGLES GOING STEADY album, get it. And don't think that it's time to wear white shoes and move to Florida just because you like it.

P.S. the title "Oh Shit!" is based on another song by the Buzzcocks. Seriously, get the CD or download these songs!

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Do you remember, way back in the Borders days, there was a kid (probably about 11-12 years old) that asked us where The Clash albums were?

I recall we were very impressed, and I hope one day Piper is that cool.

2/17/2007 1:02 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey, how about Twisted Sister (yeck!) being used to sell hormone therapy for women. Pretty inappropriate I would say

2/18/2007 4:04 AM  
Blogger Tim said...

Memory is a funny thing.

I don't remember the 12-year-old Clash fan. That's a shame, but I also don't remember ever seeing the Twisted Sister commercial. I'm more thankful for that.

2/20/2007 9:34 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home