Monday, March 27, 2006

Sound the Alarmist!!

I'm looking forward to JB's upcoming series on Global Warming. It has always been an issue that has concerned me, and with the news we've been hearing lately, there is serious "evidence" of the horrible effects right now in Greenland, Alaska, and points north.

More importantly, however, a very dear friend of mine, who considers himself to be moderate but right of center, argues with me that the "evidence" is the stuff of alarmist news. I happen to believe this is niave, and I'm frightened of his point of view, but he thinks I'm overreacting.

At the very least, we need more evidence and discussion about it. JB, show us the money!!

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Man, sometimes I think we're the only ones sane in this mad world. I mean the facts are RIGHT THERE! Just the weird climate change here in the States should be enough to cause alarm, but you are so right: those Ice Caps aren't melting just for the hell of it... I do remember winter in Georgia (NOV-JAN) actually having freezing weeks in a row AND ice/snow precipitation. Now I can wear freaking shorts! All I know to do is share my views and hope others will eventually get their heads out the - - - - - sand before our grandchildren pay the price. Call me Debbie Downer - - science doesn't lie. Gracie's standing down off her soap box now! *grin*

4/06/2006 3:02 AM  
Blogger Tim said...

Gracie, leave your blog address so I can link you.

4/07/2006 12:52 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well .... um, I think it's:

http://ga-nature-woman.livejournal.com/

Now ... going to read your latest master-piece *smile* ... I like the way you're thinking, dude! ~g

4/07/2006 7:14 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home