...Put Your Little Hand In Mine, There Ain't No Hill Or Mountain We Can't Climb...
I believe I experienced this Groundhog Day more times than I can recall any longer.

I woke up this morning to the same old songs that I've heard a million times:
- The police have beaten or shot someone in front of cameras AGAIN.
- Despite all of the progress we think we've made in wiping away bigotry and hate, some bastard AGAIN finds a way to prove that humans are animals.
- Western insensitivity meets Middle Eastern hypersensitivity AGAIN, proving that we will not "win" in this region by forcing our beliefs upon Islamic nations.
- The Bush administration continues to "fight" crime while it manages to cover up its own AGAIN.
- There are people who can shut down all compassion in order to take advantage of those who are suffering AGAIN.
Will I wake up to find something new, something unexpected, something that will bring me into February 3rd? Is there someone lying beside me in bed who has made it with me to the new morning? No, that's just my pillow. But wait, that song HAS CHANGED... Let's hope the wind has as well.


2 Comments:
One of the kids at school actually mentioned impeachment to me today. I was really taken aback that the word does seem to be filtering out...
It's been a wild ride for the past five years, but as time goes on it just seems as if the envelope is pushed further and further. I don't see impeachment happening (it's not like he had an extra-marital affair!!), but I wouldn't doubt that the word "impeachment" will be brought forth more and more often. The political divide is ever increasing.
Post a Comment
<< Home