Predictability: More of the Same
I always love the way each New Year brings a wealth of predictions from sports to the End of the World.
My predictions are few and simple:
Iraq: The war will continue to drag on, but the American forces will slowly be pulled out. The inevitable result is that Iraq will have democracy, but it will not be to the benefit of the West for the next decade. Islamic Fundamentalism will keep true freedom suppressed as Christian Fundamentalism tries to do in the United States. It may be a generation or more before we see recognizable change in the Middle East.
Politics: Although I'm certain that here in Pennsylvania, Santorum will lose to Casey, overall the Democrats will screw up another chance to regain either the House or Senate.
Politics 2: The Bush Administration will continue to run the nation into the ground. Signs of BushCo fascism will continue to see newsprint, but nothing will ever stick because no matter what the guy does the majority of Americans forgive him. By the end of the year his poll numbers will be above 50%.
Science: Will continue to make amazing breakthroughs that will be either fought by uptight conservatives or otherwise ignored by the general population. I wouldn't doubt that if we really did discover life on other planets, most people wouldn't care, but if you try to hide it in area 51 they've got to know what's going on. As a matter of fact, I think important discoveries SHOULD be hidden from the public so people will get interested.
Sports: The New York Giants will be in & win the Superbowl, because I'd like my father to be happy.
For Myself: I just hope to get over this cold before the end of the year. It's been dragging on for 5 days now & it feels like forever. UGH!!


1 Comments:
I think most of your predictions are likely to come true, though i see darker clouds than you in Iraq.
and there is no way in hell an NFC team is going to win the Super Bowl this year....
Post a Comment
<< Home