Wednesday, January 04, 2006

Charity Begins At Home

Jon pointed out today that Abramoffgate (have they started calling it this yet?) money that was supposed to go to charity was actually used to support the Republican National Convention. Now, so the many of the politicians, including Dubya, who accepted campaign donations from Abramoff, have decided to donate the same amount to charity.

The original donations have been spent, or collected interest, and now the "keep me out of jail" matching amount gets sent to various charities. First of all, as Jon pointed out, Republican donations to charity tend find their way back to the Republican Party, and furthermore THEY CAN STILL CLAIM THIS AMOUNT ON THEIR INCOME TAX RETURNS TO PAY LESS ON APRIL 15th ANYWAY!!! These bastards are going to profit one way or the other here, I'm sure.

Bastards.

4 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

I think if they were really serious they would donate the money back to a "victims" fund for those who were taken by Abramoff rather than the charity of their choice.

1/06/2006 8:46 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

p.s. Awesome template...

:-)

1/06/2006 8:46 AM  
Blogger Tim said...

Thank ya, thank ya vury much.

1/07/2006 3:58 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

It makes me want to dance every time I visit...

:-)

I also would add I'd love Abramoff to spill some more on his Capital Athletic Foundation. Not just on the money sent to Israeli settlers but what happened to the money that other organizations claim is stated was donated to them but was never received.

1/07/2006 4:25 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home