Tuesday, January 24, 2006

Shiftless When Idol

I can say only one positive thing about American Idol. Because the music industry is only interested in manufactured artists, there is little possibility for singers or bands (like the indies of the Sixties or the Punks of the Seventies) to get anywhere today. At least American Idol allows anybody with the nerve to display their "tallent" in front of the world.



That being said, I hate that damn show. FWOBie is a fan of the car crash form of entertainment, and as I downloaded my CD collection to my computer, I was a captive audience. The annoyance of each poor singer making a fool of himself or herself becomes grating after a half hour, mind-numbing after an hour, and brain-washing after two hours. I am now desensitized enough to kill a dear family member.

Several years ago I remember the predictions that "reality tv" would be the wave (tsunami) of the future. I had more faith in the American public. After the second election of Dubya and the fifth season of American Idol, I'm ready to join the cast of the next Survivor then run off into the wilderness.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home