I'll need to have my lead foot amputated
Ever since gas hit $2 per gallon, I've been trying to slow down from my usual 80 mph. Now that the price is at $2.50, I'm driving 65. I hate it.
I haven't been crazy about driving since my the last multicar pile-up I caused, but watching old ladies pass me in their Buick Skylarks is more than a little emasculating. I can hear my foot calling to me, "give this granny a race!" but all I can do is turn up the CD player and pretend I can't hear it.
I'm seeing more and more senior citizens are tearing up the road ahead of me lately. I was passed by no fewer than 5 today. Sometimes I don't understand the older generation, those darn rapscallions.


2 Comments:
Better yet, buy a Hummer and drive 5 miles per hour. Then at least you'll be going in style. Cough, hack, spit.
Hilarious... before he died, my 85 year old grandfather told me the reason he drove so fast was because he couldn't stand people yelling at him for driving too slow! He said the final straw was when he was slowing down for a red light when some teenagers (he thought anyone under 45 was a teenager) yelled, "The gas pedal's on the other side, Grampaw!" That was it. No slower than 80 KM for the rest of his days. And no accidents, either! LOL
Post a Comment
<< Home