My Shoes Hurt!
When I first moved to New York the amount of walking I did was so much more than at any time since I was in college that I started getting noticeably thinner. I wasn't in great shape, but everyone who saw me on less than a regular basis noticed. I felt good about that and I thought that it was good enough exercise that I didn't have to worry about doing much more. In January, however something changed and I walked almost as much, but started putting on weight again.
Last October and November I worked for the New York Road Runners Foundation as a poser. With the Vans that I wore, it was doubtful that anyone actually thought I did much running, but at the time I wished I weren't so lazy that I would start. Finally this past weekend I picked up a pair of Asics GT-2110's and ran somewhere between a mile and 1 1/2 miles along the East River at Carl Schurz Park and up the FDR to the walking bridge for Ward's Island, then back again. This is the most I've ever run in my life, so it was quite a rush, although I wanted to kill Jon for not letting me walk the whole thing.
Hopefully I'll be able to keep up with running on a regular schedule of 3 times a week. After all, it's almost bikini season - not for me, of course, but I want to be able to look good for any girls who might be in bikinis.


2 Comments:
Hey, wake up. BJ and the Bear is on.
I find a spirituality in running. Its got to be a tough thing with the weather up there though.
Post a Comment
<< Home