Missed It By That Much!
Friday night, long after happy hour, I stumbled into the L station at 1St Ave/14th St, to overwhelming applause. The entire 8th Ave-bound side were facing the Brooklyn-bound platform cheering and clapping. So I knew this had nothing to do with my entrance. I looked across to the opposite side and saw that a full platform of spectators were standing on other side of a long-haired man who was bowing to the kudos of several dozen people. Without an instrument, or anything else I could see as his tool for entertaining, he bowed as many continued to crowd around him.
Within half a minute of my arrival in the middle of the 8th Ave platform, my train arrive and I boarded. I have no idea what the man had done, and I've been curious ever since. I've never seen "street" performers receive accolades as amazing as this, but I have no idea how to find out what I missed.
Labels: Metropolis or Gotham


2 Comments:
Hmmmm...maybe you dont want to know what he was applauded for....
I'm pretty sure he had his pants on, but this is New York...
Post a Comment
<< Home