You're All Winners!!!
Time Magazine revealed it's annual Person of the Year issue with a reflective cover. The magazine is trying to keep up with the novelty magazine industry, the kind you find at theme parks studios where you can get your own picture on a magazine.

It looks like Time is finally afraid of choosing anyone lackluster, like from the Executive Branch of our government (although Bush was chosen in 2000 and 2004) or too controversial (they chose Hitler in 1938 and "Good Samaritans" Bono and Bill & Melinda Gates last year).
Too me it's just the easy way out for a dull media format. Time and Newsweek are irrelevant now that blurb news is available as close as a computer. These magazines rarely have anything of interest beyond colorful maps and graphs in some articles. It looks like they just want to broaden their readership to anyone who likes to look at their own reflection.


2 Comments:
Tim,
How are you? Busy? I haven't seen a new post from you for quite a while....What's the good word? (I'd ask about the BAD word, but you already went and posted it on the cover of TIME magazine, you bawdy little monkey). So what happened? TIME doesn't have anything to offer anyone? I thought that all you super-intelligent chimps with Internet access loved shiny, reflective things? Wouldn't this new cover of TIME be right up your alley? Ah well...Hey when you can find the time...give me a call or sit down, bang the keyboard against your desk a few times and send me an e-mail (preferably something intelligible). Just want to catch up and see (other than player-hatin' on TIME magazine) how you are, dig?
I'll write to you when hell freezes over!
...I mean, yeah, I've been avoiding it too much lately. It's been an odd month. I do owe you a call, Brudda. So how's life lately with your beautiful comic-nerd wife. God! I hate you!
Post a Comment
<< Home