Saturday, April 29, 2006

Where Can I Cast My Vote

In the 2000 Presidential Election, I voted for Ralph Nader. I wanted my Green Party vote to bring into focus what I thought to be very important issues, missed by the other candidates. Several of these issues were environment related. The most important: Global Warming.

Gore lost (in case you missed the headlines), and we have suffered through nearly 6 years of the Evil Decider Bush, and continuing destruction to our planet. Kerry was no help in 2004, but there is rumor of Gore coming back to the stage in 2008. Why should we care? Because he is pretty Bio-friendly these days. His mission is to save the planet, and that is something I can certainly get on board with.

We have to get through whatever 2006 will throw at us, of course, but I'm already filling up with hope for 2008. I might get my chance to vote for Gore after all.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Do you regret voting for Nader? I was going to vote for him but changed my mind the Saturday before and went for Gore. When I look back on it I can now see Gore got a big time raw deal in the press.

I liked Kerry.

4/30/2006 6:33 AM  
Blogger Tim said...

Gore took Pennsylvania in 2000, so I don't really regret voting for Nader then. My vote wouldn't have helped Gore in the states where he really needed it.

I liked much of what Kerry said, but he really was the perfect punching bag for the right. He pretty much lived up to all of their expectations and never seemed to say what was really needed to win. Bush was down in the polls, and people needed someone to believe in. Kerry didn't deliver. It almost seemed like he didn't care enough.

Now that it's almost two years past that election, while Gore has seemed like a more interesting person than he did in 2000, Kerry seems more annoying. Still better than Bush, but he tends to live up to the criticism the Republicans had of him every time he opens up his yap.

4/30/2006 4:58 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm digging Gore, Mark Warner, Kerry and Edwards, but 2008 is an eternity.

If I had to make a prediction today it would be spinelss phony McCain.

4/30/2006 8:51 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home