Tuesday, April 18, 2006

Harrisburg's Fine-Assed?

Now that I'm living (temporarily?) in Mid-Town Harrisburg, finding a parking space close to home is a crap-shoot. For a few weeks, I was able to borrow the off-street space of the upstairs neighbor who spent all of his time at his girlfriend's place, but now that he's moving out, the landlord is giving to the space to the downstairs neighbor. I've been thrown out on the street, in a matter of speaking.

It is best to find a space on my block is before 7 PM where I live. I stopped at the grocery store on the way home and didn't arrive until 7:15, which made it difficult to find any space larger than 6 ft long. Unfortunately, none of my neighbors know how to park for maximum car use, or more likely, they just prefer to have two meters of space in front and aft of their cars.

I circled the block twice looking for somewhere I could squeeze in, then decided to forge a working plan by stopping over a crosswalk in front of my apartment. A woman who had been walking down the sidewalk while I circled the block walked up to my car, her sagging belly hanging out from under her half-shirt. At first I thought she needed to use the crosswalk, but then tried to open the passenger-side door. Luckily the door was locked, and through the sunroof I asked her, "May I help you?" She tried the door again and said, "I thought you wanted me to come over and talk to you." I stared at her for a moment with that confused look that Tom Cruise used to do so well in every movie, a little squinty with a slight head shake. "No!" I replied with an a confused, but commanding tone. She quickly walked away down the street.

I don't know if this behavior usually works for her. I couldn't imagine it, but I've been wondering if this girl was a hooker or just someone who would jump into anyone's car. If she were a hooker, I'm not so sure I'm living in the best neighborhood.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

People are getting bigger dude. She was probably a ho.

4/19/2006 11:07 AM  
Blogger Tim said...

Oh! She was gross. She was just gross.

4/19/2006 12:16 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home