Sunday, October 23, 2005

Because Greed is Still Good

On Friday, CNN reported, "Sen. Judd Gregg (Republican from New Hampshire -- who chairs the Budget Committee) won $853,492 from the Powerball lottery after matching five of six numbers in Wednesday's drawing, adding to his already sizable wealth." The report continues that the Senator, "said his wife is currently remodeling their home and already has plans for the new money."

Although I appreciate that anyone is certainly entitled to any money that is won from gambling or the lottery (i.e. gambling), wouldn't a government leader, who is rich anyway, have sent a positive message by donating his winnings to relief efforts along the Gulf Coast or in Pakistan? Isn't there some way for a single Republican to finally stand up and show that their party is concerned with people? I would assume that a member of party beset with so much strife would find the good publicity, if not the actual warmth of heart, to be obvious.

Nah! Why should such a thing even be considered? I'm sorry for bringing it up. Free money with no work is a dream come true. Why should I crap all over the good Senator's dream?

2 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

How dare you! His wife has remodeling plans that obviously could not be met by his paltry income.

:-)

10/24/2005 9:58 AM  
Blogger Tim said...

I know. I've felt bad ever since I posted this attack on him. It's not HIS fault that there are people suffering, so why should he do anything about it. After all he's just one man with an extra $853,492 to throw around.

I hope I can be forgiven.

10/24/2005 1:10 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home