New Twist On An Old Standard
Sunday night I had the strangest dream, and it has taken me until now to decide to write about it simply because it threw me off.
Growing up, and into my young-adulthood, I had that recurring dream of being at school, or at work, but realizing that I had forgotten to wear clothes. Several times I would either be in my underwear or completely nude at my desk, and I was afraid someone would notice before I had the chance to get dressed. Usually, of course, I would be too afraid to leave my desk because someone would notice, but I felt the compelling need to get the hell out of there and cover up.
Sunday night, however, the tables were turned on old Mr. Sandman, and for the first time ever, I had a dream that was a reversal of the recurring nightmare.
I dreamed I was in some sort of college class, I believe and art appreciation class, and the professor told everyone in class that each must take his or her turn to model their nude bodies briefly in front of the class. Everyone in the class seemed shocked, and refused once they made it to the front of the class. When it came to be my turn, I said, "this doesn't bother me," and I dropped my clothes. The professor thanked me and said, "There, that wasn't so bad, was it?" I dressed again back at my desk and felt completely normal. One or two of the people sitting around told me, "Wow! That takes guts." A few minutes later the class ended and I woke up.
I feel a little like that dream was a realization that many of my old fears of the way people perceive me are gone now, but there is one thing about the dream that still has me confused. When I disrobed, I was endowed like a porn-king. Does my subconcious mind have an unrealistic perception of my body? Strange dream indeed.


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home