Sunday, October 16, 2005

It Must Be Free!!

A word of advice from a person who has worked in retail:

When the item you're purchasing does not immediately scan, telling the cashier, "It must be free!" is not funny. As a matter of fact, the cashier has probably heard that little joke 3 times that day already. On average, the cashier has likely heard your joke over a dozen times in the past week alone. After hearing said joke over 600 times per year, it really loses it's punch.

So the next time you're buying something and it doesn't scan correctly at first. Just keep your fool mouth shut. You'll have made the attendant very happy.

1 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

You mean it's not free and I can't have the special? lol.

Try working at a gas station and hear people complain about the gas prices (this was even before what they are now so I'm sure it is worse now).

I had a man come up to me and yell at me about why the price had increased. I looked at him and smiled and said, "You are right sir, I purposely raised those prices when I saw you pull in and as soon as you leave? I'll drop them for everyone!".

I got in trouble for not being nice and? A few people laughed.

:-)

10/18/2005 4:07 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home