Tuesday, September 13, 2005

But What Does It Really Mean?

"Bush takes blame for flaws in Katrina response," the headline reads. In the case of Mike "Brownie" Brown, there was a resignation for incompetence. So on behalf of the citizens of the United States, I'd like to accept the resignation of George W Bush for being responsible for the sluggish response of FEMA, which undoubtedly increased death toll caused by the destruction of Hurricane Katrina.

Oh? He's not resigning? Then what exactly does "I take responsibility" mean? Well, to our President, who is so natural at turning a phrase to his advantage, I tell you this: Talk is cheap when human life is the expense.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Its the only thing he has ever taken responsibility for....that was the real headline...

3 more years!3 more years!3 more years!

9/14/2005 4:14 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Amen to that, Tim! And I'm sure that the FEMA director's resignation was completely not coerced by the current administration in any way, shape, or form... shyeah, right.

His flip-flopping on this issue ("FEMA's at fault, no wait, I'm to blame, no wait...") reminds me once again of his hypocrisy in pointing out the alleged should-I-stay-or-should-I-go mentality of candidate Kerry during the last Presidential race.

9/18/2005 2:07 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home