Friday, October 21, 2005

Why Do I Read These Guys?

I don't know why I bothered exactly, but I was reading an online article by Pat Buchanan today to see what his take on the Scooter-Rover upcoming indictments are all about. Somewhere in the mess of his crapfest, he stated:

My own sense, from hearing and reading about Fitzgerald is that he may be going after much larger game, that he may have what Bob Bennett calls a "big case," that he may be going after the White House and WHIG for fabricating the case for war, that he is roaming afield, looking into who forged the Niger documents and passed them on to U.S. intelligence and whether the case for war was shot through with deceit and lies. (But if lying us into war is a crime, we would have to have a second look at that FDR memorial on the trail to Haynes Point.)

That last line really caught my attention. What kind of an argument is that? I supposed from Pat's point of view, wars should be much easier to start. Perhaps the President should be allowed to just pick a country a year and go willy-nilly on the population with guns-a-blazing.

I realize that there are times when one feels powerless to do what they feel is necessary. Having been in a managerial position, knowing that an employee is bad news, but having to deal with HR rules of order before canning someone seems like such a bother. However, firing someone who refuses to do their job is not as destructive as war! We needed precautions in place because of the death & destruction war causes. What of the THOUSANDS of Iraqis and allied soldiers who have died in a war brought about by lies?

Of course, maybe I'm interpreting ol' Pat incorrectly. Maybe this is really about WWII, which he probably thinks was an unjust war.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home