In Case You Missed It
I just got home from a little job training in NJ, and I'm happy to report (for anyone who may have missed it) that the Dover schoolboard members responsible for pushing ID have been VOTED OUT!!! Check out the Washington Post and two local papers (YDR, YDisp) for the story. Thanks to the National Center for Science Education for the links. We still have to wait for the Judge's decision on the case, which will be in December or January, before the policy can be touched, but I have faith that it will go well based on her final comments at trial's end according to the Panda's Thumb:
At close, Pat Gillen remarked to Judge Jones, “Your honor, by my reckoning we have been here 40 days. That seems an auspicious number.” Jones replied, “So it seems, but it was not designed!” At which point the courtroom burst out in applause. Jones let that go on for about 15 seconds, then adjourned the court. And that finished off the testimonial, in-court phase of this case.
On the down side, in Monkey-gummy, Ala. - The state school board voted unanimously Thursday to keep a disclaimer in biology textbooks that describes evolution as "a controversial theory"
Also...
According to the Seattle Times, "Evolution theory could be subject to more criticism in Kansas science classrooms under new standards adopted today by the Kansas State Board of Education."
AND...
Pat Robertson strikes again!! Seriously, this guy is crazy. Does he really think he has a direct line to God? I tell you this much, if there is a God, He can't possibly take Pat Robertson serioiusly. Really, this is what he said:
“I’d like to say to the good citizens of Dover: if there is a disaster in your area, don’t turn to God, you just rejected him from your city,” Robertson said on his daily television show broadcast from Virginia, “The 700 Club.”
“And don’t wonder why he hasn’t helped you when problems begin, if they begin. I’m not saying they will, but if they do, just remember, you just voted God out of your city. And if that’s the case, don’t ask for his help because he might not be there,” he said.
Is it any wonder we chose evolution over intelligent design? I would take the word of a mad scientist over that of a freaky televangelist anyday.


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home