Monday, November 07, 2005

VOTE... for whatever

I have a few things about moving & starting a new job & silly things such as that, but I'm going to save that for another day when I'm not so sleepy. Tonight I have to drive to New Jersey for new job training, where I'll be stuck for 3 days without internet access (I just can't seem to catch a bloggin' break). In the meantime, I thought I'd salute Election Day with a list of some of those OTHER political parties that I found on DIRECTORY OF U.S. POLITICAL PARTIES. I think most of these are in Minnesota and California, but there may be a growing chapter near you.

I sometimes get little fantasies that one or more of these parties could actually make a difference somehow. I'm just a fan of the wrench in the works. Some of their ideas are interesting. Some of them are just out there ...

Take a look at some of their sites and feel free to jump ship from your usual mainstream politics, because the message it sends will be promptly ignored now that you won't be able to vote in primaries (at least in my state).



America First Party (Followers of Pat Buchanan's version of the Reform Party)

American Party (Another group of conservatives who are "very Christian")

American Heritage Party (I'm beginning to see a pattern here)

American Reform Party (the history of this one shows why third parties never have a chance)

Communist Party USA (Still pinko after all these years)

Constitution Party ("...work to restore our government to its Constitutional limits and our law to its Biblical foundation" Nutters!)

Family Values Party (Oh! This is just ridiculous!)

Grassroots Party ("grass" meaning marijuana)

Green Party (I'm in this one for no reason at all)

Libertarian Party (everyone I meet claims to be Libertarian, but their candidates go nowhere)

Labor Party

Light Party (New Age)

Natural Law Party (Scientists taking over)

New Party

The New Union Party

Peace and Freedom Party

Prohibition Party (still sober all of these years, but I couldn't get their site up)

Radical Women/Freedom Socialist Party (the name says it all)

Reform Party (still voting for Ross for Boss!)

There are also several Nazi and Marijuana parties listed, but it's time for my nap, so I'm not going to bother listing them.

3 Comments:

Blogger BPDubs said...

My contacts are really grimy, so I read the "Light Party" and the "Natural Law Party" as the "Natural Light Party." Now, that would be quite a party. I believe I went to a few Natty Light parties back in college...

I especially like the bold CAPITAL letters on the Family Values Party site. Thanks for giving me yet another way to avoid cleaning up my kitchen...

11/07/2005 8:35 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I used to think that a Green/Libertarian outlook was the only rational and compassionate way to look at the world, but now...

I'm switching to the Rent Is Too Damn High Party.

http://rentistoodamnhigh.org/

11/08/2005 11:14 PM  
Blogger Tim said...

Natural Light Party? I guess any party where the president gets to wear a lampshade on his or her head sounds alright. I'd join the Rent is Too Damn High party, but I'd have to move to NYC for that. I think we need to start the movement in every state of the union. There's no better soundtrack for a political website.

So which party do we push, Rent is Too Damn High or Natty Light?

11/10/2005 9:06 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home