Sunday, June 10, 2007

Adios Amigos!

I haven't posted since mid May, and very little in the past few months. Why? Well, I'll tell you why. At work most blogs have been blocked. Although I can still read Blogger posts, I cannot publish my own or comment on any one else's. During my time off work, I have been spending precious little time at my computer. Between running and having a reasonably active social life, there really hasn't been much time to post.

I'm also moving from Hoboken, NJ to Spanish Harlem (AKA East Harlem, AKA SpaHa, AKA El Barrio) in Manhattan. Top right picture is my building, just above Global Link Art Gallery (I live in the back of the building).

"Why," you might ask, "would he move to New York City when Hoboken is so clean?" The picture at the bottom right is one reason. The red X at near the top of the map is where I'll live. The red dot in Midtown is where I work. The red box in the East Village (Alphabet City) is where I drink. Everything is close to the 6 train. No more PATH! Woo-hoo!!

Yes, I never have to leave the island again, except when I visit friends in Brooklyn. But that's not so bad. Jersey, however, you can have. I'm done with it.

OK, back to the blogging thing.

New York is a wonderland of post-worthy anecdotes, but by the time I get to a computer in order to write about anything, the interest I had in the moment is lost. Possibly in the winter months it will be too cold to be outside, so I may pick it up again. Don't know yet. But for now, So Long and Thanks for All the Fish.

Labels:

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

What?? How am I supposed to keep in contact with you? Email? Pfft.

Congrats on the new flat, the baby and I will be round shortly.

6/11/2007 2:16 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You can always come back like Elvis...oh wait, he is dead! Seriously, hope you reconsider, and I will be keeping your link up. Bird will not be happy either when she gets back from down south.

As always, good luck in all things. I do hope you reappear.

6/11/2007 4:38 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home